Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sasuke's Finding Chapter 6

Sasuke’s Finding: Chapter 6



Sasuke lay in his bed watching the sunset, having had almost no sleep at all last night. Sakura had stayed up rather later, crying herself to sleep. Sasuke had been up for about an hour, trying to get out of bed but a young genin held on to him tightly in his sleep. Instead of just roughly getting out of bed, he took the time to wonder how this morning was going to turn out. Sasuke tugged on Naruto trying to wake him up, but Naruto was in a deep slumber. Sasuke thought maybe Naruto was having that dream again in which he was the Hokage of the village.

“I bet that’s what it is…” Sasuke said to himself. After a bit more nudging, Naruto started muttering in his sleep

“One day…I will be the Hokage…believe it..!” He said. Sasuke rolled his eyes after hearing those famous two words Naruto liked to stick at the end of each and every sentence.

“Naruto wake up. We have to get ready to meet with the Hokage this morning.”

“What” he asked, his eyes half open and still holding onto this warm entity he could only identify as a big teddy bear “…Oh yeah” he added slowly, opening his eyes completely for just a moment, “…I don’t want to go.” And his eyes were closed again.

“I don’t want to go either, Naruto, but this might be our chance to look after James”

“Right…” Naruto said, slowly letting go of what he now realized was a boy his same age, blushing up a bit as he realized why they were in this position. “Oh… and Sasuke?”

“Yeah, what is it Naruto?” Sasuke asked, finally able to get out of the bed and stretch.

“Thanks for um…looking after me last night.”

Sasuke wanted to be his usual self and ignore the statement, simply walking away silently. But then he realized how much it would’ve taken the proud boy to utter those words and he tried his hardest to respond. “Don’t mention it.” Sasuke said, before walking away to the kitchen.

“Sakura are you around?” Sasuke called.

“I’m in James’ room.” she whispered silently to keep the baby from waking up. As Sasuke walked in, Sakura was leaning over James’ crib and rubbing his tiny arm while he slept.

“How is James doing, Sakura?”

“He is doing well. He didn’t make a sound all night.”

“That’s good.” He said, going to lean against the wall. There was this silence then, and they both knew what it was about. After a few minutes, Sasuke decided to talk about the big elephant in the room. “I barely slept at all last night…”

“Neither did I, I tried to keep strong but I kept breaking down in tears. Sasuke…” she started, moving over to the ninja and wrapping her arms tightly around him. “I just don’t want to lose James.”

“None of us want to lose James, but we have to prepare ourselves for anything. Maybe things might work for us. Let’s just hope for the best, okay?”

“You’re right. Thank you Sasuke, you always have the right things to say.”

“It’s no problem.” Sasuke said, even thought inside it felt like his newfound happiness had already been shattered.

“I guess we should make some breakfast.” Sakura said.

“Sounds good, but we should leave James sleeping. He needs it more than we do.”

“That’s true.” she said letting go of Sasuke, now looking for some breakfast. Sasuke was about to join her, when he realized Naruto had not come out of his bedroom yet, wondering whether he had dressed himself yet.

“Naruto, are you finished getting ready?”

“Yeah I’m almost finished. I’m just having trouble getting this sleeper off.” As he said that, he clumsily stumbled over one of the legs and bumped his head. Sasuke sighed, realizing it would take forever if he left Naruto to himself.

“What’s wrong now, Naruto?”

“My Zipper is jammed on the sleeper. Could you help me?”

“Alright, hold on.” Sasuke said, coming into the room. Naruto got back on his feet and jumped on the bed to wait for the other boy. Sasuke reached behind the boy and undid the zipper, slipping the soft fabric off his shoulders and getting the whole garment off him, only to find that the diaper underneath was soaked.

“You know Naruto,” he said, getting some changing supplies ready and opening the diaper, “I’m not your daddy. You really shouldn’t be so helpless all the time.”

Naruto tried to look away from the boy, knowing he was right. Being taken care of like this, even if it was by a boy, had always been a dream of his, but there was no way for him to enjoy it now. While Sasuke cleaned him up and got him in a fresh diaper, he just felt weak and uncomfortable to be demanding the ninja’s attention at a time like this.

And it was not like he really felt like Sasuke was his daddy. With all the padding the Uchiha was in most of the time, it was hard to feel he was even a little. They had another kind of relationship, one where they took care of each other, even if Naruto was currently hogging all the attention.

“Thanks, bwo.” Naruto said as Sasuke taped up the new diaper.

“What did you just say?” Sasuke asked confused.

“Never mind…” Naruto said, shaking his head. “I am just tired.”

“Okay, well, just get ready now and meet us for breakfast.”

“I will be there soon, BELIEVE IT!”

“Shhh! You’re going to wake up James with that shouting.”

“I’m sorry.” He said whispering.

“Don’t worry about it, just meet us for breakfast after.” Sasuke said walking to the kitchen. “So what are we having for breakfast?”

“I thought maybe this morning we might have something light, like fruit, because tension is very high right now.”

“You’re right and I don’t think any of us is that hungry anyway. I’m actually too nervous to really eat anything at all.” Sasuke said, sitting down at the table.

“Well, you’re going to have something to eat or I am going to feed you.” Sakura said simply, putting up a grin to lighten the mood. “Babies need nourishment.”

Sasuke did not respond at all. “My hobby is the last thing on my mind right now.”

“I know,” Sakura said, sighing, “but I just wanted to cheer you up.”

“I will be a lot better after all this is done.”

“Hey everyone!” Naruto said, “I’m ready to eat.”

“Come and sit down. We’re having fruit for breakfast.”

“That’s fine.” He said starting to eat of the plate Sakura handed him. Sasuke munched a bit but not a whole lot. Sasuke had many things racing through his mind. For instance, he barely knew Tsunade so he had no idea how to persuade her. Sakura tried to keep as positive as she could but it was really getting to her.

“I think it’s time to go.” Sasuke said finally.

“I think that’s a good idea Sakura said, going into the nursery to get James ready. In a few minutes she had gotten him ready, and filled his diaper bag with all he would need. They all walked out the door feeling a great weight in every step they made. The morning was a bit colder than usual outside, but luckily it was not too far to the Hokage’s residence.

“Alright, let’s show the Hokage we can look after James. We have to be ready for anything she might ask. Since we are only teenagers, they are going to use that against us. “Sasuke said.

“You’re right Sasuke. Let’s shows Tsunade that we can look after a baby.” Sakura said.

“We will get James BELIEVE IT!”

In a few minutes they made it to the Hokage’s residence and it seemed that for a change Kakashi was actually on time today.

“Glad to see you made it on time. Lady Tsunade is waiting for you, but first I would like you to meet someone.” Kakashi said to them. There seemed to be a female doctor waiting for them.

“Hello, I’m doctor Li. The Hokage has asked me to do a full examination on James while you have your meeting with the Hokage.”

“Well, alright. Ok James you be a good boy for mommy ok? I will be back soon.” Sakura said trying to hand James over to Doctor Li. James already started getting nervous the moment the unfamiliar woman touched him, started to cry very loud for being out of Sakura’s arms.

“It’s okay James, mommy will be back soon.” She tried, but with no success.

“It seems you will have to come with me.” The doctor said, handing the baby back to Sakura.

“Will you two be all right?” Sakura asked the two ninja, though she already knew the answer.

“Its fine, Sakura.” Sasuke said, motioning for Sakura to follow the doctor, “We’ll take care of things over here.”

James was now being taken to another room to be examined. Kakashi waited at the main door for them. The group walked to the door, opening the door with Tsunade waiting in a chair with the usual desk in front of her. There were four chairs in front of her. Being nervous, Naruto and Sasuke walked to the chairs and sat down in front of her while Kakashi took away one of the chairs and told the Hokage where Sakura was.

“Well, you two know why you’re here. I was quite surprised to hear of an abandoned infant being found in one of Konoha’s alley ways. So who was the first person to find this infant ‘James’??”

“I was.” Sasuke said, ”I found James coming home from a day of training. I heard what turned out to be the sound of something crying. Curiously I walked towards it and I found James lying in a soaked blanket and sleeper. It was already pretty late and since it’s always the duty of a ninja to protect any members of our village, I could not just leave him behind and decided to take him home. I washed and dried his clothes, and bought any baby items he needed.”

“I see, so how did Sakura and Naruto come into this?”

“Sakura came to my door the next morning. I tried at first to keep Sakura from noticing anyone else was with me, but she heard James crying for me in the bedroom. She found James and agreed to help me take of him.”

“I see. What happened next?”

“She told me that she would help love and nurture James. We even bought him clothes and toys. Naruto got James a crib to sleep in.”

“Well, I am impressed about how much you care about James’ wellbeing. But I see some problems arising. For one, who will look after James on your missions?

“I planned to hire a babysitter.” Sasuke replied.

“Yeah, but you don’t understand that babies need to be cared for twenty-four hours a day.” Tsunade scolded, the boys looking away. They already felt guilty enough about all that. “And with you being ninja in training, you can’t give him all the care he needs. Not to mention that you’re way too young to become parents.”

That was the breaking point for Naruto. “I can’t believe everyone keeps saying that to us! First we hear it from Kakashi-sensei and now we hear it from you!? We have done just fine looking after James and we can do a parenting job just as well as any parent! James already loves us enough that he can’t even be away from one of us for a single examination!” Naruto shouted.

Kakashi sighed, hitting him over the head to shut him up. “My apologies, lady Hokage, for Naruto’s outburst.”

“Well, even though he should show more respect, he does have a point. From what I heard today, it seems like all three of you have showed responsibility for the welfare of James. But next time you’d better make the point without shouting, if you wish to live your live without a crushed skull that is.”

“So… does that mean we can keep James?” Sasuke asked.

“I can’t say for sure. I am going to speak with Doctor Li first. Then I will make my final decision. I will have Kakashi summon all three of you when I am ready. Your are dismissed”

All three got up and calmly walk out the door. Sakura was sitting on a chair in the waiting room with James in her arms and Sasuke and Naruto went to sit by her side.

“How did it go?” Sakura asked.

“I think it was Naruto that was our turning point.” Sasuke replied, bringing his finger over to James to play.

“Do you really think I made that much of an impact?” Naruto asked

“It’s because you showed Tsunade we can look after James. We might even stand a chance of getting custody.” Sasuke said.

They silently sat in the room while they played with little James, who judging by his constant giggling was blissfully unaware of any harm. All that had happened to him was that a hand glowing with green light did something the pink mommy called an ‘examination’.

“Lady Hokage will see all now.” Kakashi said, getting out of the office. He held the door open for them as they walked in, and they quickly seated themselves.

“After some time speaking with your sensei and the doctor I have made my decision. Even though you have shown that you can take care of this child, naturally it is inappropriate for you to take care of another parents’ infant. However, you can keep him until we find another a better foster family for him.” She gave a small pause, but then continued with a sly grin. “Of course, I doubt we’ll find someone better than you three anytime soon.

They were absolutely speechless. At first they did not even believe it, but slowly their confused gazes turned into excited grins. Sakura could not take it anymore and jumped off her seat to hug her mentor, something she had never dared before.

“Oh thank you lady Hokage!” Sakura said, dodging her punches and breaking off the hug before she got seriously hurt.

“Thank you so much.” Sasuke said.

“We did it!” The orange ninja shouted loudly.

“Now, before you can take James home, Doctor Li wanted to speak with you.”

“I must say, James appeared to be in perfect health when I examined him. He seems to be well fed, in perfect shape, and he even has a healthy set of chakra pathways. He’ll make a good ninja one day. Absolutely one of the healthiest babies I have ever examined. He is an infant approximately six months old. Also, he has a round shaped birth mark on his shoulder blade which should help us identify him.”

“I never noticed that when I bathed him.” Sakura said, tugging on James’ shirt to reveal the mark. “Did you notice it Sasuke?”

“No, but I have only bathed him once and then I was more concerned about his temperature.”

“It’s no problem. Anyway, he has a clean bill of health and you’re more the welcome to head home with him now.“

“One more thing.” Kakashi said from the door, getting the attention of all three of them.

“Lunch is on me, you have earned it for proving your responsibility to the Hokage and me.”

“Thank you sensei” They all said.

After Sakura got James back they all head down to ramen stand. Naruto by this time was starving for some fresh ramen. Sakura and Kakashi did not eat so much, but Naruto and Sasuke were competing again to see who could eat the most.

“Will you two ever grow up?” Sakura said.

“I’m sure one day they will Sakura. But for now let them act as childishly as they want.” Kakashi said.

Naruto and Sasuke looked up. They asked in unison: “What was that?”

“Don’t worry you two.” Sakura said, rolling her eyes. After their lunch was finished, Kakashi and his students parted ways.

“I’m thinking,” Sakura said, “since we just heard the best news since Sasuke found James, why don’t we go celebrate by swimming? We just have to go get some swimwear and we are ready to go.”

“I could use a swim right now, how about you Naruto?”

“Sounds great! I could go get the swim wear.”

“Alright we will wait at the lake, but you’d better bring enough stuff Naruto.” Sakura said

Naruto ran back to apartment while Sasuke and Sakura walked James firmly wrapped in her arms down to the lake. “Sasuke, isn’t it wonderful we got to keep James?”

“Yeah…it’s great.”

“Is something wrong? I thought you were thrilled you got James back.”

“I am more than thrilled that we got James back, but I wonder how long this will last.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, look at it this way. We are only genin teenagers. Eventually they will find foster parents or they might even find James’ real parents.”

“I never really thought of that.” Sakura admitted quietly. “But let’s not worry about that now. I just want to enjoy this day as best we can. And besides, we have James now, and that’s what matters.”

“You’re right Sakura.” Sakura said a little brighter. “And I think I’ll have a surprise for you tonight.”

“Oh, a surprise? What is it?”

“I’m not going to tell you, but you will find out later on tonight.”

In a few minutes they made it down to the lake on a beautiful sunny morning where the sun was glaring off the crystal blue lake and no one was around but them. In the distance you could see a silhouette of a young boy running down to the lake.


“Hey guys! I came with the stuff!” Naruto yelled from afar, waving excitingly at them. When he got to them, he opened a sack full of clothes for all four of them. Sakura grabbed some clothes for James and for herself and went behind some trees to change.

Sasuke removed his two shirts and his shoes, left only in his normal grey shorts. Naruto grabbed a black pair of shorts and looked for a place to change. But besides the trees where Sakura went to, there was not any shelter. Unable to wait for Sakura to finish, he just quickly undressed out in the open and stepped into the shorts.

He was jumping up and down excitingly, wanting to go swimming and hating to wait, apparently not even noticing the top plastic of his diaper was showing. Sasuke was staring at Naruto’s marking on his stomach, having never noticing them, though that was probably because Naruto usually does not remove his black shirt.

“Something wrong Sasuke?

“Huh? No it’s nothing Naruto.

Naruto finally was able to wait no longer and ran straight into the water. He definitely had the heart of the child. Sakura returned with James. She had a pink bikini on and James had a pair of blue shorts. Sasuke had his eyes locked on Sakura’s body.

“Ready to go swimming, Sasuke?” Sakura asked.

“Um…yeah sure” he said, walking into the water with a slight blush.

The water was warm, but still refreshing coming out of the sun. As soon as James was waist deep in the water, he started splashing the water like a manifestation of giggling happiness.

“I think he likes the water.” Sakura said.

“I think it reminds him of bath time. And it’s good for him to have some fun before his afternoon nap.”

“Yeah, I think we should try to see if he can float on his own”

“If you think he can…”

“I’m sure. They say babies have an easy time floating by themselves. Well, here it goes.” Sakura slowly let go of James out of her arms. James had no problem floating on his own. He still splashed and giggled with no problem at all.

After about an hour and a half, they got dried off and headed back home. But their little secret about James was not silent for long. People had dropped off clothes, toys and other baby items.

“I guess we won’t have to sneak around anymore…” Sasuke said.

“Well, babies do grow out of clothes fast. But now we might have more people wanting to see James. We can’t exactly do the normal things now. Like I can’t just baby you and Naruto all the time anymore.”

“Oh well, we will play like that when we have the chance.” Sasuke said, walking in with all the gifts from the village.

“So, what should we do now?” Naruto asked.

“Well Naruto, actually, would you mind if I would have some private time with Sakura?“ Sasuke asked.

“Well, alright then. I will be back in a little while.” Naruto said, walking out of the apartment. He had been meaning to play hide and seek with Konohamaru for a while anyway.

“So Sasuke, now that Naruto is gone, what did you want to do?”

“Well,” Sasuke said, a bit embarrassed, “since you have been so sweet babying Naruto and me, I wanted to baby you for a change.”

“Oh...” She said, a blush coming to her face as well, “I would really enjoy that. Why don’t you take a shower?”

“Sounds good.” Sasuke said as he walked into the bath room, removing his clothes. But as he got cleaned up, he could only think about how glad he was that they had James back. After finishing up, he got dried and dressed, walking out to find James was playing with toys and Sakura was waiting for him. Sakura was in shorts and a pink shirt.

“So is Sakura ready?”

“I am ready when you are, Sasuke.”

“Alright, I will be right back.”

Sasuke went to Naruto and his room. He picked up two diapers and some baby powder, before making his way back to Sakura.

“Okay, Sakura will you lay down for me?”

Sakura did as she was told. Sasuke was still a bit nervous since he never diapered a girl before. But he started removing her shorts and undies. Then quickly slid one thick diaper under her. Now came a generous pouring of powder, then taping her diaper up snug. Then one more diaper for extra padding.

After it was done, Sasuke looked at Sakura. Sasuke had always thought she was pretty attractive, but he could never have guessed how diapers made her look… well, hot.

“Um…ok Sakura we are done.”

Sakura sat up, feeling her diaper. “I forgot how much I like being a baby…”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. Would my little girl like a baba?”

“I would love one!”

“Alright, just give me a few minutes.” Sasuke said, before going to the kitchen, to see if he could find a clean bottle for Sakura. After a bit of looking he found one and filled it up with milk.

“Okay Sakura, it’s feeding time.” Sasuke said, sitting down on the couch. Sakura crawled over to sasuke’s lap. Sasuke then put the nipple of the bottle into Sakura mouth. Sakura giggled as she drank from the baby bottle. Sasuke smiled as he cuddled her, rubbing her back gently as she finished up the bottle.

“Ok Sakura, I think it’s almost nappy time?”

“But…I’m not sweepy yet…” Sakura said, though she was exhausted from all the drama that had gone on.

“Now daddy knows best.” He said, wrapping both of them in a warm blanket. Sasuke started humming a lullaby softly to Sakura as her eyes began to slowly shut, sucking her thumb, and then laying against Sasuke.

“Well, it seems Sakura needed to get some sleep after all.”

Sakura was sound asleep, lying in Sasuke’s arms. A short time later Naruto walked in, looking a bit upset that Sasuke got to spend so much time with mommy. But he took it in stride, playing with James. Eventually it rolled around to be bed time for all of them. Sakura got the boys ready for bed as usual, and then got herself ready for bed.

Sasuke seemed to have trouble sleeping though. He looked at the alarm clock: “1:32 AM” it said. He rubbed his eyes and got up, careful not to wake Naruto. He figured a nice walk might help him get tired, so he slipped out of his sleeper and got into more conventional clothing, checking if his diaper would not be audible before heading out. But just as he was about to leave, he thought he would check how James was.

As he walked in he noticed a man all in black slowly putting his arms into James crib.

“James!!!” Sasuke yelled out. He ran into the unknown kidnapper and forced them both out the window. But when Sasuke hit the ground, all that was left of the kidnaper had turned into a puddle of water.

“A water ninja! That means he is still close by.” But the ninja was nowhere to be found. Hearing the huge crash, ninja were summoned to Sasuke’s apartment from all over. Kakashi was on his way as well.

When their teacher arrived at the apartment, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura were sitting on the couch. Naruto of course was dressed in a regular par of PJs.

“So…Sasuke, I heard it was you who saved James.”

“Yes, I was going out for a night time walk, but I thought I would check on James. Then I saw someone over James’ crib. I just panicked and threw myself at him. But, it must have been a water clone.”

“Hmm...Why would a water ninja want to abduct James? Well, we are not taking any chances. I will have ANBU guarding your apartment until he is captured. Right now we have ninja combing the village. He couldn’t have escaped already. Well, I am heading home. You have security around the apartment and training will resume the day after tomorrow. You should find a babysitter before then. Have a good night.” Kakashi said, leaving.

After all the excitement they went back to bed, wondering who that person was and why he would want James. So many questions with no answers. Things did go back to normal; people babysat James as the three ninja went on their training with Kakashi. After a month, there was still no sign of the kidnapper anywhere in or around the village.

In fact, they had all but forgotten the incident. Which is why they felt safe enough to go on a picnic outside the village? They decided to eat right by a large lake. As they were preparing to sit down for a freshly prepared lunch by Sakura, Sasuke heard some noise coming from the woods.

“Sakura, guard James! Naruto, stands ready!”

“Sasuke, what's wrong?” Sakura asked.

“I think the person who tried who kidnapped James is near.” Sasuke said, and instantly Sakura and Naruto got out a kunai and got ready to fight.

“Very observant of you.” A man said jumping out of a tree, landing on the ground.

The man was young, maybe about in his mid twenties. He had long blood red hair, blue eyes and a long black trench coat, red buttoned shirt, black pants, and a head band from the Land of Waves.

“Who are you, and what do you want with James!?” Sasuke screamed.

“My name is Kio and I am a mercenary for hire. Now I will give you a choice. Hand over the baby or I will have to kill you.”

“I would rather die than give you James.” Sasuke said.

“As you wish, prepare to die.” Kio said, before running to Naruto and Sasuke. They jumped out of the way to avoid his sword and threw their kunai at him, quickly grabbing another from their pouch. Kio deflected the knives and pursued them. Sasuke grinned as he was able to lure the mercenary away from James. Kio’s water clone grinned as he created the opening for the real Kio to charge at Sakura and James with his katana.

Even though Sasuke was busy drawing the clone away, he constantly kept looking at his charge and Kio running to Sakura did not escape him... nor the fact that he was too far away to stop him. Sasuke screamed.

“Sakura, James… no!!!”

End of chapter 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment