Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sasuke's Finding Chapter 5

Sasuke’s Finding: chapter 5


A few hours later Sakura thought it would be a good idea to wake up her baby boys. Sakura first went to see how James was. When Sakura walked in Jake was sleeping soundly hugging his teddy bear plushie. “Awww, you’re the cutest little baby ever” Sakura said rubbing James’ side. James woke up still sleepy. “Hello sweetie” Sakura said picking him up. Sakura went over and laid James down on the changing table, took him out of his sleeper and checked his diaper. He was wet and messy. “Oh James made a tinky.”

James giggled, waving his arms around as Sakura wiped him then applied baby oil to James’ bum which made him giggle. Sakura finished by powdering James then taping him up and putting him back in his sleeper. “Now my baby boy is all clean. And I think it’s time for lunch. Sakura made her way to Sasuke’s and Naruto’s room.

They were both sleeping soundly, just like Sakura had left them a few hours back. But this time they were almost hugging each other like babies would. “Awww” she whispered not to wake them up yet. She still couldn’t believe the two biggest rivals in the village were sleeping soundly with each other. Naruto was mumbling in his sleep. Sakura wondered what Naruto was saying so she got a bit closer. “Oh… Sakura… your skin is so soft.”

After hearing this Sakura burst out laughing, a few times almost dropping James. About a minute later both Sasuke and Naruto woke up. Both turning to look at what it was they were hugging, both of them pulling away immediately once they knew, hoping Sakura had not seen them. “Sorry boys, I saw you both.” She said, making them blush.

“Oh come on you two. You’re both my babies now and you’re not tough guys anymore. Got it?”

They both nodded shyly. “Good, now how about something to eat?”

“Yeah I’m starving. Believe it!”

Both Sakura and Sasuke just rolled their eyes while James started to cry from Naruto’s screaming.

“Shhh. It’s ok James. Mommy is here for you. Way to go Naruto! Scaring James like that.” Sakura scolded.

“You’re such an idiot Naruto.” Sasuke added, joining Sakura in trying to make the baby feel better.

“OK, I’m sorry for scaring you, James.” Naruto said rubbing James back. It seemed to calm him down. In a short time James was all happy again.

“Wow Naruto. You did something right for once.”

“Ah it was nothing. Who knows, maybe one day I will be a daddy.”

Sakura and Sasuke thought about what it would be like with two Naruto’s running around the village… have mercy on the poor village of Kohona.

“Yeah…Maybe one day in the future. Now let’s get some lunch.” Sakura said walking to the kitchen. Both Genin followed Sakura. Sakura now handed James over to Sasuke.

“Now you three play nice while I make lunch, ok?”

They both nodded. They went to the couch to keep James busy. Sakura was boiling some water to make some fresh ramen, which Naruto always had on hand. In a short bit the water was boiled and the noodles were done. As Sakura was preparing the bowls, Naruto, Sasuke and James were playing with some baby toys Naruto had collected. Sakura was now cutting some fruit for James to eat.

“Ok Boys, it’s time to eat.”

All three went to the table and sat down. Sakura had two bowls of ramen waiting for them and some chopped-up fruit.

“Ok. I’m going to feed all three of you but one at a time. I Think Naruto will go first. And do you think you could feed James for me Sasuke?”

“I don’t mind Sakura.”

“Good. Now it’s your turn Naruto.”

“Alright”

As Sakura fed Naruto, Sasuke was feeding James. James munched it back fairly quick. Seeing that James wanted more Sasuke chopped up some more fruit. James ate the rest of the fruit. “Good boy James.” James just giggled happily as he always was, feeling secure in Sasuke’s arm, now burrowing his head into Sasuke’s chest.

Naruto tried to mimic James, taking over the clumsy mannerisms when he ate. He made sure some fell on his shirt so Sakura would have to clean the messy baby, and generally played along with Sakura’s care.

“Ok Sasuke, Naruto is finished. Now it’s your turn.”

“I think I might wait for now Sakura, I think James is comfy right where he is.”

“Alright then, what should we do today? Oh I know, We can go to the lake for a swim; let James play in the water for a bit.” Both Sasuke and Naruto nodded.”

“Great! You both get ready, and I will get James ready.” Sakura said, walking to James’ nursery. “Ok, let’s get our baby in some lighter clothes. “Sakura said getting James out of his sleeper, into shorts and a T shirt, now putting on some socks and shoes. “ Now you’re all done.” Boys are you ready to go?”

“Yeah, Naruto and I are ready. We also have supplies for Naruto too if he needs a change.” Sasuke said smirking.

Naruto Growled. “Shut up Sasuke! It’s not like I wanted to be incontinent!”

“Both of you stop! Sakura shouted” Naruto and Sasuke went dead silent.

“Now, if you’re both done being immature, we can go.” Sakura said. Just before they were about to leave, there was a knock at the door.

“Who is it?”

“It’s Kakashi.” A heavy voice from the other side of the door said.

“What is Kakashi doing here? Quick! Take James and hide in the bedroom.” So Naruto and Sasuke grabbed James, and went hiding in the bedroom. Sakura now walked to the door, opening it.

“Kakashi sensei, what are you doing here?”

“Hello Sakura. I was wondering if Sasuke was around.”

“Um, No he isn’t, did you want to speak with him?”

“Yes I did. I was walking in the village and Ino told me about you and Sasuke taking care of a baby boy in his apartment complex. So I did some checking around and found that there are no babies named James living in the building. Is there something you would like to tell me Sakura?” Kakashi asks.

“N-No Kakashi sensei….” She tried, but before Sakura could say anything else, the sound of James crying a little bit reached them.

“Well looks like you do have a visitor” Kakashi said, following the sound which leads to a nursery room. There were Naruto and Sasuke, the latter holding James tightly and trying to calm him down.

“H-Hi, Kakashi sensei…” Naruto nervously spoke. Sasuke just stared, keeping his attention on James which slowly calmed him.

“So...This must be that James I keep hearing about.” Kakashi said while looking at Sasuke. Sasuke said nothing. “Well? Is this James?”

“It is James.” Sakura said walking in.

“Alright, since James does not belong to anyone from the apartment complex, I want to know where James is from.”

“Do you really want to know?” Sasuke asked, followed with a sigh as he realized it was no use lying to his teacher now. “I was walking home from a long day of training, and I heard crying. I was curious and found James in the alley, cold, wet and frightened. So I took him home. I couldn’t leave him there. And ever since I have been taking care of James. The next morning Sakura came by and found James. Together with Naruto who discovered us a few hours later we’ve been taking care of the little guy.“ Sasuke held the baby tight as he finished his explanation, expressing how much he enjoyed not being alone anymore.

“I see…” he said, contemplating the situation, “Well, fact is, you’re all too young to be looking after a baby.”

“Are you serious!?” Naruto yelled at his senior. “Sasuke and Sakura are like the best people to look after a child! I wish I would have had people like them when I was baby!”

“Wow,” Sakura said to herself, surprised by the blonde’s kind words, “I can’t believe Naruto said that. I never knew he felt that way.”

“Naruto! As your sensei I can’t just let you look after a baby. He needs a home that can look after him. Babies need care 24 hour a day. He looks fine to me, but you’re all ninja and you can’t take a baby on missions with you. You would put James’ life and yours in danger. I have no choice but to take him to the Hokage.”

“Please Kakashi sensei, don’t bring him to the Hokage!” Sakura pleaded.

“I’m sorry, but it’s all I can do. I will go to speak with him right now and I will be back soon.” Kakashi said, leaving Sasuke’s apartment. Sakura started to tear up, Naruto got even angrier than he had been, and Sasuke just held on to James even tighter, realizing that if he let go, he might never be able to hold him again. Sasuke kept looking down at James, wishing so badly he could have just been his father.

“Sakura, could you look after James for a little while?”

“Um sure, are you going somewhere?”

“I need to go for a bit, to clear my head” Sasuke said handing James over to Sakura.

“Ok. You be careful Sasuke”

Sasuke said nothing as he walked out the door, shutting it behind him.

“Wow, Sasuke must be broken up about it all this.”

“Of course he is, he loves James. It’s one of the few things that makes him happy now.”

“But he still gets mad at me for the small things. Are you sure he really cares about James?”

“Are you serious Naruto? If Sasuke didn’t love James why else would he have taken James home with him? Better yet, why would he have kept James at his home and take care of him?”

“I guess you’re right. I may not always get along with Sasuke but if he wants to look after James he should be able to.”

“It’s not just Sasuke, Naruto. I want to take care of James as well.”

“Oh right, well you can always look after Sasuke and me.” Naruto teased, trying to cheer her up.

“I know, but it’s really not the same. I like holding a baby in my arms, to know how a mother feels.”

Naruto did not know how to respond to that and just sat down on a chair, looking over at her.

“When do you think Sasuke will be back?”

“I don’t know. He looked really tense when he left.”

While Naruto and Sakura waited at the apartment with James, Sasuke was down at the dock. He realized everything that had been going so well, was falling apart before his very eyes.

“All I ever wanted was to be happy again. Why is that so hard? Why is everything I want taken away from me? It’s Bad enough that I have no family now. Something finally works out, and it’s shattered…”

After about two hours of sulking at the dock, Sasuke started to walk home, trying to get his thoughts straightened out on the way. He wondered if Kakashi had come to the apartment yet, in one way not wanting to know James fate. With every step he took, he was reminded more and more of when his first family was taken away from him, his older brother slaughtering his parents and friends.

He clenched his fists, his inner rage visible on his face. But then he thought of James and he realized it did not seem to hurt as much. His glowing smile, the giggling laughter. He realized that he should not be focusing so much on his anger, and be happy with him while he still could. His walk turned quicker, until finally he was running, hoping so badly that James would still be there.

Within a few minutes Sasuke had made it home, and with a deep breath to hide his panting, Sasuke walked in. Naruto was nowhere to be found and Sakura was sitting the couch playing with James.

“Hi Sakura.”

“Sasuke, you’re back!” She yelled happily, a big smile on her face.

“Did Kakashi come by yet?” He asked, taking James from Sakura to hold him a little, feeling much better with him in his arms.

“No, we’re still waiting for him. And Naruto went out for a bit too.”

“Typical. Where did the loser go?”

“He said he was going to the Raman stand, but I think he went looking for you.”

“For me? Why would he care?”

“He didn’t say it, but he does worry about you.”

“Yeah… I guess you’re right. Well, all we can do now is wait for Kakashi to come back.” Sasuke said, removing his shoes and shorts, just being in a diaper and T shirt.

“But Sasuke… what if Kakashi-sensei comes by?”

“At this point, I don’t care anymore if he sees me like this.”

“Alright then.” She said taking James again and carrying him to his crib, “he needs his rest.” When she came back, she seemed to have brought a plushie and a pacifier with her. She popped the paci in Sasuke’s mouth, handing him the plushie and sitting next to him on the couch. Sasuke clenched the plushie deep to his chest, trying not to show that anything was bothering him, even though anyone could plainly see it. Sakura motioned Sasuke to lie against her, so he moved a little closer. She started humming a gentle lullaby to relax him, running her fingers through his black hair, and soon he was sleeping, finally able to not focus on any of their troubles for a while. A bit later Naruto came in.

“Hey Sakura, I see Sasuke came home.”

“Shhh. Sasuke is sleeping Naruto.” Sakura whispered to him.

“Oh sorry,” He said, much more softly. ”did Kakashi-sensei come by yet?”

“No, not yet… I wonder when he finally will.”

“Who knows; never once yet has the king of lateness ever been on time. Remember the first time we went on a mission? He was a couple hours late. And I was starving by the time he arrived.”

“Yeah I know. Well hopefully he will be here soon enough.”

“I’m going to check on James.”

“I just put him back in bed. Don’t wake him up”

“Yeah, yeah I won’t” Naruto said, going to James’ room, slowly closing the door.

“I can be just as good as Sasuke is at being a dad, BELIEVE IT!” Naruto said to himself as he looked at James. Naruto slowly picked him up hoping he wouldn’t start crying. Sure enough, it being the first time he was ever being held by Naruto, James started crying a bit.

“Shhh. Please don’t cry, Sakura will yell at me, or Sasuke will say I can’t look after you.” Naruto tried humming and rocking, but it did very little at all. He finally stopped crying when he smelled some familiar scent on the orange entity, reminding him of his daddy, but was still very anxious. Naruto thought for a bit, and thought maybe he needed a change. So he laid James down on the changing table, the one he hoped to be put on one day soon, and opened his sleeper. Naruto had guessed right, James diaper was soaked.

“Guess I should call Sakura to change him…” he said to himself, before realizing something. “No, I can do it myself, after all, how much harder can it be than changing my own diaper?“ Naruto said undoing James soggy diaper.

“Ok…Undid his diaper, I um…Guess I clean you now?” Naruto mumbled, cleaning James with a wipe.

“Ok. Got you clean, now for a new diaper. Naruto said to James throwing away his old diaper and sliding a new one under. “Ok, I know James needs powder, but what else?
Naruto said as he powdered James, but paused, thinking of what else he needs.

“Oh I know.” Naruto said applying diaper rash cream to him, taping his diaper up, and putting him back in his sleeper.

“Alright, that wasn’t too hard.” Naruto now looked down at James. He was happy and giggling.

“You really are an adorable little kid.” Naruto said picking him up. Playing with him a little by making silly faces, that made little James laugh continuously. Naruto smiled with a wide grin, knowing James didn’t hate or dislike the boy for who he was. After a bit of time, Sakura came in. To her surprise, James was holding onto Naruto tightly.

“Wow, it’s great to see that James likes you Naruto.”

“Yeah… it’s nice to see that James is one of the few people that don’t hate me in the village”

Sakura wasn’t too sure how to say it wasn’t true, even though she knew exactly how much she had hated him when she had first met him.

A bit later Sasuke walked into the room. Also looking surprised at Naruto holding James in his arms.

“I guess I’d better get changed before Kakashi gets here.” Sasuke said leaving the room, getting back into his normal clothes. As they were all sitting on the couch waiting for Kakashi’s arrival, Kakashi finally knocked at the door and let himself in.

“Sorry I was late. It took a little longer than expected.” As much as all three of them want to scream “YOU’RE ALWAYS LATE!”, they didn’t want to scare James with any excessive noise. “The Hokage said he wants to speak with you all tomorrow afternoon. Don’t miss it.

“But what about James? Are we allowed to keep him tonight?” Sakura asked hopefully.

“Yes. Since the Hokage has not decided yet on what is going to be James’ future she thought it would be suitable that James stays here for the night, considering that James has grown so fond of the three of you.”

“This is great, I knew something good would happen today, believe it!”

“Well I’d better be going, I will see you all tomorrow.” Kakashi said leaving the apartment.

“Well, what do my baby boys want to do now?”

“I’m not really in the mood to do anything.”

“Well I’m kind of hungry.

“I have an idea. Why don’t I make some dinner for tonight, at least try to enjoy this evening, it could be the last one we spent with James. Let’s make it the best we can.”

“You’re right Sakura, let’s enjoy this evening.”

And enjoy the evening is what they did. Sakura prepared a large meal for all of them. Even though they were worried of the outcome, it did not spoil the evening at all. After the meal, they all played with James till it was around bedtime.

Sakura got James ready for bed, and as she tucked him in, tears were flowing down her face.

“Good night James. Mommy will always love you” Sakura said crying.

Sakura walked out of the room, heading for her bedroom. Not even saying good night to the other two.

“Hey Sasuke, why didn’t Sakura say good night to us?”

“Isn’t it obvious Naruto? Sakura is upset.”

“Oh well that makes sense. But who will get us ready for bed?”

Sasuke sighed. “Get ready for bed yourself. I’m going to say good night to James. Sasuke said leaving his room, and going into James room. Sasuke walked over to James. Leaning on the crib he started down at the sleeping sound infant.

“Well James, this might be out last time together. Even though it was short and not enough time, I am glad I found you. I hope one day even, I can teach how to be a ninja. But that’s down the road. But I want you to know that I love you James. No matter what happens, I will protect you.”

James smiled in his sleep as he heard Sasuke’s voice. Before Sasuke got any more emotional, he left for his bedroom. He just wanted to go to sleep, but Naruto was still not exactly sure what to do; he stood in his room with just his diaper and was debating whether he should change it since it was just a little wet.

Sasuke rolled his eyes, annoyed about having to pay attention to a baby besides James, and threw the blonde on the bed, ripping the diaper off his body and grabbing a thicker one for the night. Without saying anything, he put it on Naruto and threw him his sleeper. After that, he just climbed into bed, too depressed to change into a sleeper as well.

Naruto sensed the mood and quietly put himself in the sleeper, climbing into bed behind the blue ninja and without any feeling of shame cuddled with him. They could both use the comfort that night. He wanted to say it was going to be okay, he wanted to comfort Sasuke, but he realized that no matter what he would say, it would only end up making things worse. They both tried to make the best of it and just tried to go to sleep, though Sasuke knew it would be it was going to be one of the worst night sleeps he had had in a long time.

End of chapter 5

No comments:

Post a Comment